Petmate FATCAT Big Mama's Scratchy Box Cardboard Cat Scratcher Catnip and Toy Included

  • 100% Recycled Paper
  • Imported
  • SCRATCHING OUTLET: Cat scratching cardboard pad provides cats with an outlet to scratch, reducing unwanted scratching of other household objects
  • ORGANIC CATNIP: Cat scratch pad comes with organic catnip for added enticement
  • REVERSIBLE CARDBOARD: Cat scratching pad is reversible for long-lasting, scratching fun
  • ADDED ENTICEMENT: Cat scratchers include tassels designed to increase cat attention and play
  • CAT TOY INCLUDED: Cardboard scratcher includes FATCAT catnip toy for bonus playtime
  • RECYCLED BOX: Cat scratch cardboard is made of 100% recycled paper for eco-friendly fun

I have 5 cats, and have multiple scratching posts and cat trees. One thing I noticed was that my calico cat preferred to sit on my kitchen rug and scratch on it instead. I realized it was because she likes to sit on what she’s scratching, so I decided to buy this. I purchased it for $9, and was pleased when it came with a cat toy and baggie of catnip. I sprinkled the catnip on the scratcher itself and put the toy near it. My cats went nuts!! I rarely write reviews but felt I needed to because my cats are literally in love with this thing. I’m definitely going to order more and keep purchasing them as they wear down!

I have purchased a variety of these cardboard scratching boxes for my cat who likes to scratch cardboard. For reasons known only to himself, he finds this to be the best one, so I have given it five stars on his behalf. Does he like the little tassels? If he does, I can't tell. He seems to ignore them, but who knows, he is a cat. Does he like the bright and cheerful outer box design? Probably not. Again, cat. Does he like the catnip sprinkled underneath the scratcher? Apparently not, since he scratches every bit as assiduously when I forget to sprinkle. If I were to take a guess, I would say that this particular corrugated scratching pad is just right for his little paws and claws. Not to hard, not too mushy. He certainly goes out of his way to scratch every square inch of the surface until it gets fluffy and I turn it over. He also likes to sit on it as if it is a special cat platform from which he rules the living room. It doesn't look all that comfortable to me, but as I believe I have mentioned, he is a cat.

I was spending lots of time & money to find the perfect scratcher that my cats would like. I came across this one several times but thought how good can be for $10. Well I was definitely wrong!! The more expensive cat scratchers purchased are just sitting there taking up space. This one both my cats love & use continuously throughout the day. In fact, I need to buy another so there's no fighting over it. Only $10 but would definitely pay more for it!!

My boyfriend laid it on the couch and Dave clawed the shrink wrap off of it and was chewing through the bag of catnip. That's some good nip! He goes crazier over that than the other stuff we have! Wouldn't mind getting a large container if I knew what to look for. He really likes the scratcher too. July 30 2016 We keep coming back to these. This is my third one. Sometimes we have been in a hurry and pick up a cardboard scratcher at the big box store for three or four dollars but those are smaller and they don't flip over so you can use the cardboard on the back. These have more bells and whistles like the yellow tassels, the good quality catnip that our younger cat can't resist and the little catnip toy. It also attracts our big fat lazy cat who is not easily impressed. I consider it a good value at the 8 to 10 dollars we have paid for it.

So yes, of course kitty loves this scratcher as she just plain loves a big scratcher - even the plain ones. But really this, THIS scratcher is a no-brainer. For the same price, you get tassles! You get a toy! And it's wider than most. My Schmoopie uses her scratcher as a bed most of the time and she fits so much better on this one! You can see from the photos that she can almost fit sideways (almost - it's all fluff you know). Plus I'm the one who really has to look at it and this one is cuter than all the others and even has a cute story on the box. :)

I have ordered many cardboard scratchers in the past. We currently have a big, double sided cardboard scratcher that folds up and forms a tent. This one seems like it's a favorite though. The tassels are a big seller for our youngest cat. She likes to smack them around while our oldest, grumpiest cat lays on it. Cardboard scratchers are surprisingly not cheap. I've paid $20 for a small one (half this size) at Petco or Petsmart and I paid $40 for the double sided tent one. The fact that Kitty Hoots Big Mama's Scratchy Box comes with tassels, a bag of 'nip, a toy, and a usable second side makes this an awesome deal. I couldn't tell you where the toy went, though. That disappeared within minutes.

0:29 0:00 This video is not intended for all audiences. What date were you born? JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031201920182017201620152014201320122011201020092008200720062005200420032002200120001999199819971996199519941993199219911990198919881987198619851984198319821981198019791978197719761975197419731972197119701969196819671966196519641963196219611960195919581957195619551954195319521951195019491948194719461945194419431942194119401939193819371936193519341933193219311930192919281927192619251924192319221921192019191918191719161915191419131912191119101909190819071906190519041903190219011900 Submit Adobe Flash Player is required to watch this video. Install Flash Player Update 7/9/17: This is now the 3rd one I've purchased and don't even think of getting another brand. Similar sizes at several pet stores are either not reversible or are several dollars more for just a scratcher. No toys, catnip or tassels. My cat (Milo) is obsessed with these. He's always scratching or sleeping on it. Love that it's a double sided scratcher so he gets twice as much use out of it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My cat usually doesn't get too excited when he gets new toys or new scratchers, but this time was different. He lost his little mind! He usually goes and sniffs them and scratches them. He did that this time as well, but he was so into it that he was pushing it all over my living room. Before I even put the scratcher down, he was going nuts with the toy. He can be very picky with toys so I normally stick to mice toys and ball toys with bells inside, but this one he loved. It must have been because of the catnip in it or something. He was playing so much it was drenched! I couldn't be happier with the scratcher. The one I purchased before this one had cardboard on one side and carpet on the other. The cardboard we all know doesn't last forever but seems to be a favorite among most cats, the carpet isn't bad and doesn't make a mess, but gets pulled off the scratcher. So I figured I might as well go back to cardboard only, and I'm glad I did. I usually have to replace them every few months depending on how much he scratches and how often I cut his nails, but I will FOR SURE be getting these again. The catnip, toy, and tassels are a nice bonus. He has such a large collection of catnip. These are great, and the shipping was super fast as usual (Prime 2-day shipping). Overall, very happy with this and so was Milo!

The corrugated scratchers that I've used for years, I'm no longer able to purchase refills for, so I had to look for suitable STURDY replacements. These are the ones! They're big enough to stay put when the cats scratch vigorously, which IS what you want them to do, right? The catnip is a little on the fine side for my taste, but what do I know, I'm just a people? Every couple of days, I turn the thing upside down over the trash, dump out the old catnip, and put a pinch onto Big Mama as part of our bedtime ritual. It also comes with the cutest little stuffed kitty toy, also a hit with two cats. The other is a male Burmese, and is far to dignified to play with such immature kitty toys, lol. I have a new adopted cat that was previously adopted, then dumped out at a vet's office about a year and a half ago; terribly traumatized, so I'm having to "show" her almost everything. She lived under the bed in the spare room for three weeks, and this was the first thing that she "loved." All three of my cats, including the new rescue, lie completely on top of Big Mama, which is new behavior, as the old scratchers were much narrower. I will never purchase a different scratcher other than this one. Remember that when the cardboard becomes worn, don't toss it yet! TURN IT OVER, and it's like brand new!

Not all cats like the same scratching medium (sisal, carpet, emery, cardboard), but they do all seem to like upholstered furniture. We have 4 cats, and each prefers one medium over the other, but after several years of trial and error I can scientifically conclude that 3 out of 4 cats will use this cardboard scratcher! I particularly like this one because: - 1) It's extra wide. (And our cat who uses this the most is also a bit beamy.) - 2) It's available via mailorder. (Our local pet supply stores do not usually carry this extra wide size.) Just consider these things if your cat does take to this cardboard scratcher: - 1) Buy more than one at a time. The cardboard does not really hold up too long, and even though this has 2 sides, my cat can scratch right through to the bottom. Each side will wear pretty quickly. - 2) They generate carboard bunnies like crazy, so be prepared to sweep up more than usual.

So, I bought one of these randomly because I was in the middle of moving, and all my cats stuff was packed away. Long story short, one of these lasted him well over a year! He slept on it, played on it, would just lay on it for hours. I even threw it away and he wouldn’t use the new one I got him (same exact brand/box) so I had to pull the old one back out until finally it was no more. I lived overseas for 3 years and this was literally the only cat scratcher they sold on base....so that’s how I stumbled across it. 10/10 recommend. For 3 years my cat loved these things! So happy I found it on amazon! We just moved back to the states and couldn’t find it at Walmart. He now has one again and is VERY happy.💕 My dog really loves the little catnip toy that comes with it! The catnip that comes it it must be DANKKKK because my cat loves that shit too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner, Vibrant 2.4" LCD Screen, Converts 126KPK/135/110/super 8 Film, Slides & Negatives into Digital Photos, with Bonus 32GB SD Card (FS50)

KaHouen Cotton Buffalo Plaid Rugs, Buffalo Check Rug, 23.6''x35.4'', Checkered Plaid Rug, Check Plaid Area Rug for Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry Room/Bedroom (Black and White Porch Rugs)

MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder