Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner, Vibrant 2.4" LCD Screen, Converts 126KPK/135/110/super 8 Film, Slides & Negatives into Digital Photos, with Bonus 32GB SD Card (FS50)

  • Effortlessly convert your 126KPK, 135, 110, Super 8 and Negatives into premium high resolution 22MP digital photo JPEG files. Still images only, not video. Relive and share your memories in no time with only the push of a button.
  • View your scanned slides and films with the built-in, vibrant full color, 2.4 inch LCD screen or directly onto your television with the included Video Out TV cable. No computer is needed to transform your slides from outdated to updated.
  • Thanks to the generous 128MB of built-in memory, save up to 100 images directly onto the All-in-One Converter. The easy to use SD card slot expansion allows you to hold even more of your high resolution images until you are ready to transfer them to your computer, smartphone, tablet or digital picture frame. Bonus 32GB SD card included.
  • Quickly and seamlessly scan all your film without the need to precut into strips and painfully line up correctly. When teamed up with the one-touch scanning software you can go from loading to saving in less than 5 seconds.
  • Start editing your photos right out of the box with the easy to use plug-and-play interface. No complicated computer software or driver installation needed.

I wanted to get prints of Viet Nam duty to visit a good buddy later this year. I dropped off my negatives at a local store that subsequently sent them to a third party processor and lost them. Finally found them shipped back without processing after 2 months...kudos to the store for their diligent effort to locate them! I didn't want to lose negatives 50 years old and a part of military history again so purchased this scanner and am impressed by the resolution and ease of use. Due to divorce many years ago my ex took most of the photos and left me the negatives so now I have a means to retrieve those also....all in all a great bargain because I could spend literally hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars having them processed otherwise. Great product!

It's amazing how all the detail and then some in 35mm slides and negatives is captured in this scanner's 22-megapixel resolution! The scanner's resolution is default-set to the lower 14-megapixel resolution, so if you want the max 22, every time you turn the scanner's power on, you have to manually set the resolution to 22 before you begin scanning, a minor inconvenience. I guess Magnasonic figured the average consumer would favor lower-resolution scans in the interest of saving memory card or hard-drive space. Slides fared better than negatives in transfer quality, particularly in black level, but that's because the black level in my negatives from 30 years and before faded, whereas the slides still have images that look pretty good. Never fear: If you have Adobe Photoshop or a similar image-manipulation program, you can restore much of that black level and color quality, as well as paint out dust and scratches if you're really feeling ambitious. The scanner has rudimentary controls for color-balance and brightness correction of images built-in, in rather large increments, so make a best guess in scanner and then be prepared to do some additional tweaking of the images in Photoshop or another image-manipulation program to get the images as gorgeous as you remember them. I prefer to scan the images a bit on the dark side and then brighten them up in Photoshop, versus scanning the images too bright. Watch those highlights! Once they're gone, blown out white, they're GONE! I tried using this scanner to scan Super 8 movie film and, at much lower 6-megapixel resolution, with horrendous grain, it's basically useless for scanning such small film. For larger film up to 135mm, if your film is in good shape, the images are stunning! I've been saving my images to an SD card, then inserting that SD card via SD card reader into the USB slot in my computer, and it's been great--the computer simply recognizes the scanned images as from any other digital device, at which point you can simply upload them to your computer's hard drive.

This was money well spent! Being able to view old negatives and slides is wonderful, but being able to then capture them digitally to archive and share is magnificent. My mother recently passed away and I am working my way through a treasure trove of memories in slides. This product has allowed me to take a walk back in time and protect those memories for future generations. The plain brown box was not what I expected, nor were the relatively poor directions, but thankfully this product is pretty easy to start using on the fly. I suggest you get a SD card and format it, then put it into the back of the device instead of saving photos directly to the onboard memory. That way you can view your photos on PCs and Mac computers, and use your favorite photo editing software to make adjustments. I'm very excited to be able to print off captured images for scrapbooks, and protect family photos for generations to come.

I had very low expectations. Seriously. I edit images and do visual design work for a living. I needed something that would allow me to very quickly scan in my family's legacy slides and negatives. And I mean quickly - I was calculating less than 10 seconds per scan. Amazingly this device lets me scan in about 5 seconds per scan! Quality is quite acceptable - assuming you have an image editing program to color correct and edit the images you decide to keep. Ignore all color, white balance, and resolution settings and scan at default. I used the included composite video output to display image previews on a 23" 1920x1200 HP IPS LCD display. That was a waste. The preview is only useful for cropping and determining if the slide/negative is somewhat in-focus. I'd guess resolution is sub VGA. If you are an experienced image editor don't bother to connect to an external display. You can trust the preview in the dinky built-in display to guide you and your raw scans will provide enough image data to work with for sharpening, color correcting, and removing mild dust/scratches. This really does perform great. Just keep your slides, negatives and the machine as free of dust (and fingerprints) as possible before you begin. I would not recommend using this for slideshows on an external display. The low resolution and I mage quality of the onscreen preview makes even good slides look poor quality. Note: there is no included adaptor for super large format 6x6cm+ slides. I'm currently trying to find the best way to scan these...

As I read the reviews I was first reluctant to purchase the “All-In-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner…” I must the admit the instruction are NOT very clearly written. After trying various conversions and looking carefully at each item, I began to see how simple it was. After 15 minutes if experimenting, I captured pictures as large as 5 MB in size. Below would be my simple instructions. 1. Chose type to convert, slide, or negatives. 2. Chose carrier labeled to your choice, slide, or negative. (Each carrier is labelled “slide or negative”) 3. Plug the device into your computer. 4. Insert your storage (where you want your final results to be stored) into the labelled slot in the slide view. 5. Push down on the “scan menu” button 6. Select which function you wish to use (slide, or negative) 7. Insert SD card into back of main device. 8. Once selected, push down on the scan menu button. 9. You’ll see a picture of a camera with choices listed below. 10. Make you choice, slide, or negative, and hold down the “ok” button. 11. You’ll see the screen dim as your choice is captured. 12. Once the capture stops, click the right arrow on top of the deice until you reach “USB MSDC” 13. Hold the button down until you are notified that you picture has been captured to you SD card. 14. You can use the same process by plugging the USB end directly into your computer. 15. If you choose to copy direct to your computer, I suggest creating a fold on your desktop for easy transfer.

I saw this style under another brand on the lightning sale. So I researched ad found this particular one for $10 less. After both my parents had passed, I had tons of old negatives, slides and a few 8mm movies. Online, companies wanted a fortune to transfer them to photos or to digitize them. Since I opened the package yesterday, I have had a blast scanning everything. It works perfect for what I needed and found it very easy to start, even without reading the instructions. I will be busy this winter scanning all the negatives. It is even possible to scan larger negatives if you don't put the adapter in the slot. I am more than happy with the quality of the scans. Since most old negatives have color balance off from age, you will need to edit them in a photo editor program. But other than that, I don't know why I didn't hear about these soon. I would recommend to anyone who has old or even new negatives. Pictures are from B&W and color negatives I scanned.

I was skeptical at the quality for the price, but am quite pleasantly satisfied with this little "guys" performance! Ease of use and quality for the price is great! I use it in conjunction with Photoshop and my pics are very satisfying. I've got no problem with recommending this slide scanner to the home novice.

In cleaning out my wife's childhood home I inherited thousands of negatives taken from the late 1800's to the present. Included were all popular formats including 110, 126, 135, 120, 127, and a few I did not recognize. My flatbed Epson scanner took care of most of the large format ones, but it is very slow and I could see the project taking years. I figured one of these units might work to speed things up, and I ordered one from a competitor. It was terrible. The feed did not work and the illuminating light was uneven. I returned it and bought this unit. The feed was much better, and the light was even. I was able to scan literally thousands in a few weeks. The quality (on my monitor) is not different from what I see from my Epson. I am now working on my own stash of over 20,000 35 mm negatives. Some old color negatives are far out of color balance, but I don't use the correcting functions of the Magnasonic. It is much easier to use the scanned images with an editing program like Picassa or Photoshop. The curl of some negatives adversely affected the feed, but I was able to work out a routine that worked. The speed of this unit makes it much easier to see which negatives to ignore and which to scan. This is an important function that is not discussed in reviews. My only problem with the Magnasonic was the documentation. It made no sense, and I just started pressing buttons to see what happened. But the end result was very nice, and you can cover some ground pretty fast.

Great purchase. My father has 50 years of slides that he has not looked at for years - I spent several evenings and weekends digitizing each and gave a 16 Gig flash drive full of pictures for Christmas - great success. The pictures were very good quality but some issues with cutting off the top of the pictures - solved the problem by scanning these sidewise and the flipping on the PC. With the built in memory, I can get about 50 slides before I need to transfer to the PC. I then clear the memory and scan the next 50. 16 Gig later and both my father and sister have a great Christmas gift.

I bought this to scan in some of the thousands of slides I had accumulated over the past 50+ years. This was a project I had always wanted to do (had previously bought 2 other film scanners, but both required computer connection and neither worked beyond Windows XP). This one was freestanding, and having surgery scheduled, I would use the recovery time to get the job done. My goal was not professional scans for large prints or blowups, but to be able to look at my slides on a TV screen or computer screen. So far, this has done a great job. Positive side: it is relatively fast, taking about a second or two to store the image. It is USB powered, I am using a small battery pack for recharging cell phones -- after 3 hours of use the battery pack still shows full charge. I do not have to sit at my computer desk with limited space, but can work almost anywhere. Images can be flipped both horizontally and vertically quickly. Image adjustments are relatively easily made, and stay the same until you either turn the unit off or change them back. I have only made brightness adjustments, figuring the other adjustments would be better left to a computer photo editing program. Image quality is very good to excellent for my needs. Yes, I can tell they are scans and not digital originals, but unless the original image has an overly broad dynamic range I am very satisfied with it. This is really good for mass scanning, stack all your slides on the right, slide them in one after the other, stack them when they come out. You use the next and previous slide to accurately position the current slide. Image on screen is bright and clear, but it is a small screen. You would not want to use it to decide which slides to scan -- it is easier to scan them all then delete. Transfer of images by moving the SD card to the computer is quick and easy. Negatives scan just as easily as slides, however negatives that have attached "handling strips" must have the strips removed to fit in the carrier. The slide and negative carrier are both solidly made, the 110 negative carrier is flimsy, I haven't used the Super8 carrier. The negatives: Screen image is too small to really tell much about the slide. Slides do not "pop out" of the unit but are pushed out by the next slide. To remove the last slide you must remove the carrier.There was no brush for cleaning the unit as described in the instructions, however the unit does have spring-loaded doors that cover the opening to the imaging chamber when the film holders are removed. When reformatting the SD card to hold more images, all of the slide numbers are reset to begin again at PICT0001. This will cause problems when uploading to a computer directory with overwriting previous scans. In summary, an excellent scanner for my needs, transferring old film images to digital quickly and with good image quality for viewing on a computer or TV screen. I would buy it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KaHouen Cotton Buffalo Plaid Rugs, Buffalo Check Rug, 23.6''x35.4'', Checkered Plaid Rug, Check Plaid Area Rug for Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry Room/Bedroom (Black and White Porch Rugs)

MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder